Remove this ad

marcwiggins

Great Librarian

#41 [url]

Jan 4 13 2:51 AM

Doc,

I love you man, but where the hell are you? This is your site and board and it's been seven months since your last post.  You have a lot of followers here and many of them have kept on posting even when it seems things are lingering.  Why?  It's because they love the site that represents what you stand for... everything you have built (which is huge).

I can't even count myself among them, given how long its been since my last post.  But of those folks who have, they deserve an answer.  They are devoted... they are devoted to a community you have created.  A community of creativity and decency.... decency that many don't even know about you (I know a few writers who you have made financial sacrifices to benefit them even when it didn't serve you... you were NEVER selfish and was ALWAYS there for the best interests of the writers who started out with you.  Do you have any concept of how rare it is for a publisher to not only look out for its writers but then to make business decisions that serve the writer and not the company?  The things you have done for your writers is breathtaking and, again, so notably UNSELFISH.)  My God man, err, I mean Doc.... you are such a rare and wonderful individual.

Doc, even if you are still in bad times, just tell them.  They obviously have displayed they would undersand by their devotion.  As for me, I look to you as the lone ranger... you have done so much good.  I get you are in bad times.  But please, just give us a small update as to how you are doing.  That's all we want to know.  How are you doing?  It might seem hard to say anything because of the time passed... the longer the  time passed  the harder it gets to just say anything, let alone pick up and start up again.  But screw that.  Those of us who care, gets it.

All we want is a word from you.  We just want to know how you are... wer're not looking for promises, etc... no expectations.  Just a word about how you are.  You have already given enough.... the folks who have kept on posting here throughout the absent months is a testimony to that.   They're not looking for anything... we just want to know if you are okay.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

marcwiggins

Great Librarian

#47 [url]

Jan 6 13 3:05 AM

Bottom line is that we love and miss you Doc.  Anything you have to say would be welcomed with opened arms.  So many of us folks would be excited to hear from you no matter what you have to say.  All we want to know is if you are good and if there was anything we could do for you.

You and I have never had so much as an email or Private Message between us.  Most other members of this board have had atleast as much.  If, I.. who has never personally communicated with you... is speaking out,  then you should realize what an impact you have made in the world.

Even us lurkers appreciate everything you have done... not only to this genre but as an example to anywhere.  You have delivered nothing more than goodwill.  You have always looked out for the interests of others, even when it cost you personally.

Doc, you are a good man.

I hope you do answer.  But if not, I just wanted to thank you.  Thank you for all you have done.  There is so much on the internet... much of it seemingly questionable, if not dark.  But your intentions and actions through this site is a bright spot.  This website has always been a place we know where it is all good, despite the fictional monsters in the books.  :)  You had made it that way.

Leave it to a man who creates a website centered around zombies and monsters.... all kinds of horrors.  Leave it to a man who does that and then turns around and projects so much good.  That is you, Doc.

God bless whether we hear from you or not.  But I hope we do.  :)

Quote    Reply   

sloggoth

Librarian Per Haud Vita

#48 [url]

Jan 6 13 6:48 PM

I sent Doc a PM not too long ago.  I won't go into the details here-and I didn't expect him to respond, but it was more of a tough love sort of message.  Just something suggesting he resurface, forget about publishing, and immerse himself in the friendships that were formed here on the boards over the years.  Doc is something who could re-ignite the boards by just showing up.  
The boards are very close to their 5th year anniversary.  It would be great if the man himself would return to them in honor of that...and then stick around and hang out.  I'd wager a lot of folks who used to haunt this place would return if that was the case.  

Quote    Reply   

marcwiggins

Great Librarian

#49 [url]

Jan 10 13 2:31 AM

If even slggath's efforts on getting Doc to say a word hasn't prompted a response, there must be a good reason. 

Doc has created something to be honored and celebrated.  Afterall, Doc must still be paying the bills to keep this forum up and running.  Doc... just know that there are many here who will welcome you with open arms when you are able to return.

You are da man!

Quote    Reply   

jscott

Infected

#50 [url]

Feb 3 13 2:13 PM

You guys can love the Doc all you want. As someone who doesn't get royalty checks anymore. Doesn't get sales updates, etc. I'm unhappy.

Since he has not responded to email, my next step will be sending a certified letter to his dental practice.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

davedunwoody

Librarian Emeritus

#52 [url]

Feb 6 13 7:46 PM

Everyone's unhappy. Hope you're able to resolve things.

Got me thinking: I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone maintaining a hopeful/positive tone is trying to act like nothing bad has happened. Maybe it's fruitless, as most of us seem to connect more on social media than here (and maybe Doc wants us to just let the forum flatline, who knows) but I feel we're trying to preserve the community more than the business that grew from it. That isn't to say we don't feel burned about the press. But something terribly traumatic must have happened for Doc to walk away from both.

Come unearth the new dead: daviddunwoody.com/

Quote    Reply   

jscott

Infected

#58 [url]

Feb 20 13 10:32 PM

I'll amend that to "reasonably satisfied"

Kinda sad that the "company" I sold my book to responded to my email with "Dear Derek," when my name is Jason. However, sales of new paperbacks have ceased. Hopefully the kindle version follows.

Sadly, the doctor offered no other explanations. I hope things find him well

Quote    Reply   

Wayarc

#59 [url]

Feb 22 14 10:03 AM

Dear Dr. Pus,

I just joined Lefora a few minutes ago. I have been listening to the Podcast (on and off) for the last year. Between three different websites I have managed to download almost the entire podcast in chronological order. Whenever I find a new episode, I rerun the entire podcast up to the new episode, and then up to episode 121. I suppose I'm a little fanatical about the podcast, but it is unique, and it has gotten me through some hard times.

I suppose I joined Lefora because, lately, visiting your websites has felt like walking through an abandoned city. I thought that maybe I was a part of the problem because I'm a fan, but I have never committed to being one. So here I am.

I don't know you personally, but enough has been hinted at in previous Lefora posts that I wish you the best, and I hope you are doing okay.

P.S. I finally got my 2 year old grandaughter to say "(groan) Brains!" Life is truely good.

Quote    Reply   

dancingfred

Library Whore

#60 [url]

Feb 22 14 1:40 PM

Heyho Wayarc,

Thanks for posting :) Yeah, it is a bit of a post apocalyptic wasteland on the forum nowadays :( There are a few survivors still here at the Library that keep an eye out for new arrivals.
The Doc hasn't been seen around these parts for a while. He left one day and hasn't returned, yet. We all hope and pray that he is hale and hearty and not become zombie chow. 

The Library looks a bit forlorn, dusty and zombie chewed but maybe one day soon the rooms will be filled with chattering Good Librarians again.

Glad you have enjoyed listening to the old broadcasts and that you have gained some useful information about how to survive a zombie invasion or Zompocalypse.

So, dust off a chair and find a book to read, there's plenty on the shelves.

Be rest assured, You Are Welcome Here.

:D

P.S. Get your granddaughter to try zombie farts. Best fun ever ;)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help