Remove this ad

joemynhardt

Good Librarian

Lead

Feb 1 12 5:23 AM

Tags : :

Joe Mynhardt is a South African horror writer and teacher. While having a multitude of published stories, Joe also tends to a tome of story ideas scraping for a chance to be written. In his spare time Joe blogs about haunted buildings.

Joe Mynhardt took up writing towards the end of 2008 and has enjoyed remarkable success. Joe contributes to horror fiction in more ways than his own work. He maintains a constant presence on several of the major horror writer’s forums as a contributor and adviser. He’s also a moderator for a foremost writer’s group, Mywriterscircle, as well as an assistant submissions editor at the South African Literary Journal, New Contrast. All in all, he keeps his finger on the active pulse of current horror. His influences stretches over a variety of writers from Poe, Doyle and Lovecraft to King, Connolly and Gaiman.

In his non-fictional life, Joe is a primary school teacher who enjoys reading, watching movies, and collecting rare coins. After matriculating in 1998, he moved to Bloemfontein, South Africa, where he received an honors degree in Education Leadership and Management. Joe devotes himself to his wife, his work, and to feeding his two dogs. I’m sure if something happened, and he was incapacitated, he wouldn’t mind if his dogs ate him. After all, it would be a shame to let all that talent go to waste.

Read more about Joe and his creations at www.Joemynhardt.com or connect with him on Facebook at ‘Joe Mynhardt’s Short Stories’.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

joemynhardt

Good Librarian

#3 [url]

Feb 1 12 5:31 AM

And here's link to my website: http://www.joemynhardt.com/

Here you'll find links to all my published work, some great resources for writers as well as some of my own ghost photos and a nice blog about haunted places.

57 published stories so far. Make sure you pick up my horror collection, Lost in the Dark: www.amazon.com/Lost-in-the-Dark-ebook/dp/B008R1FDME/ref=sr_1

Quote    Reply   

robertessig

Librarian Emeritus

#5 [url]

Feb 1 12 7:05 AM

Here's the cover for my latest published story. It will be in the Darker Minds anthology along with word from Gary McMahon, Gary Fry, Stephen Bacon and many more great writers.
[image]

-joemynhardt

That's a great cover.  I'll be joining you in Darker Minds with my story "The Abnormal Beauty Queen."

Quote    Reply   

joemynhardt

Good Librarian

#10 [url]

Feb 26 12 12:05 AM

Here's a link to all my published stories: http://www.joemynhardt.com/my-publications.php

The one's on the left are in books and magazines on sale. The links on the right are free and available to read online now.

57 published stories so far. Make sure you pick up my horror collection, Lost in the Dark: www.amazon.com/Lost-in-the-Dark-ebook/dp/B008R1FDME/ref=sr_1

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

joemynhardt

Good Librarian

#17 [url]

Mar 9 12 3:04 AM

Here's the final TOC for the Darker Minds anthology:

Reflections From a Broken Lamp - John Travis
Tale of the Abnormal Beauty Queen - Robert Essig
Waste Disposal - Ray Cluley
The Man Who Remembered - Stephen Bacon
Cinder Images - Gary McMahon
The Way of the World - Gary Fry
John Bane's Grave - Charles Muir
Rise, Dead Man - Joe Mynhardt
Looking at Me, Seeing You - Mark West
The Listening - Benedict J Jones
Seeing Things - Robert Mammone
Slip Inside This House - Daniel Kaysen
Houses in Motion - Stuart Young
Shutdown - Clayton Stealback
Laws of Aquisition - Simon Bestwick

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help