Remove this ad

zombiezak

Necromancer

Lead

Apr 13 11 6:58 PM

Tags : :

Bio:

Zombie Zak, a (mostly) humble creature of the night, the dead and things best left with the Bright.  Though the godless hordes of the undead may be bustling and bursting about, he'll be standing up tall, leading the shout.

Canadian born, in a town named Toronto; aged well, and now publishing pronto, his very first book, one hopes with enough hook.  Poetic, chaotic, cast about in measure and rhyme; many parts of humor and emotion and time.

Zombie Zak, the Shambler of the Night, the engineer of the bubblicious blight.  With a deadpan desire for total and complete global domination sincere, is attempting to compile something bouncy and maybe not all here.  His legions cover the planet from pole to pole, nothing mediocre you see, nothing quite so droll.

Cookies and brains and bacon and zombies, oh my!  Forsooth and gadzooks, you're all going to buy.  By word or rhythm or something unseen, I leave you with these words pretty, but unclean.  Wrap up your bubbles, your unkempt asides; for tonight, we read, imagination we ride!  Upon waves of rhythm and rhyme, the mood, the bright, the simple and sublime.

Step into my parlor, sayeth the spider to the fly ...

PS: ('cause ZZ likes PS's) He can be bribed with cookies; of this, there is no doubt.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

zombiezak

Necromancer

#2 [url]

Apr 13 11 7:00 PM

Book Description:

Chaptered and Versed, Poetic and Cursed,  is  splattered from the unwholesome mind of Zombie Zak in an attempt to distill from the world a moment in time, into something  resembling  verse  and  chaotic  rhyme.  Moments are what define us as a species, and each one carries its own weight and levity.  Poetry, the emotional connect, either in its breadth or its brevity. Humor, an important part, in execution as much as in respect to the subject.

It's a tough world we "live" in (some less than others, some more-so), and every day gives way to something new, something fun or something dire, stretching down the turnpike of dismay.  This plethora of poetic verse is a stretch both of the  morbidly macabre and the absurdly discordant put in some form of place.

We all approach our lives in many different ways, in many different attempts to make sense of the world around us.  In no two people, lie the same collection of experiences that make one choose one path over the other.  We are a polyglot of people as diverse as the stars in the night sky.  As such, our words, when they shake, shall shoot down the Heavens and leave us with the beginnings of the Doom that lies in the mind, of a Zombie ...

... And whatever else you do or do not:  

Don't forget to feed the zombies - we are especially fond of cookies and brains and bacon, oh my!

Blurbs:

"Whether you're a fan of poetry or not, it doesn't matter. The words of Zombie Zak will resonate in your soul long after you close this book, creeping their way toward your brain until you can do nothing but read it over and over. A must have for any fan of the genre."

-- James Melzer, author of ESCAPE: A Zombie Chronicles Novel

“There’s something special about the poetry of Zombie Zak. Sometimes it comes like a children’s rhyme, delivered with a smile. Sometimes as a much deeper message, delivered with insight and intellect. But it’s always dark, creepy…and fun. I think horror has found its first poet who can appeal to any reader at any age!”

-- Gregory L Hall, the author of At the End of Church Street and host of The Funky Werepig

"Sometimes playful, others grim, but always wonderfully strange and haunting - Zombie Zak keeps you on your toes as he leads you deeper and deeper into his world."

-- David Dunwoody, author of EMPIRE and UNBOUND & OTHER TALES

"Zombie Zak's writing is like a frosted Smores Pop Tart - hot hot hot, bad for you, gooey, but ultimately satisfying if a little ick once you realize what's inside" 

-- Victorya

"Zombie Zak's collection is a fun and grisly romp through a horror playground."

--Louise Bohmer, author of The Black Act 

“Above all else, whatever you do, be true, be Brightness, be happy!” - Zombie Zak

Back Issues: www.teamzombiez.com/AR 
Be there ... or be dessert! Come and play!

Quote    Reply   

charlieinthebox

Librarian Emeritus

#3 [url]

Apr 15 11 8:58 AM

Ah, yes, I finally have peeked into the mind of Zee, and I see, that it is not all that it can be.  Hey Zee, I wish you the best with all your writing. I'm sure I'll be reading some of your stuff soon!!

Quote    Reply   

teallteall1

Naughty Librarian

#5 [url]

Jul 30 11 8:28 PM

Hello again....just thought that I'd refresh and say hello after a long period of absence. COOOKIES FOR YOU

Cold as Hell? Maybe it froze over or it's not hot enough for you.

Quote    Reply   

zombiezak

Necromancer

#6 [url]

Aug 19 11 4:51 AM

Hello again!  And thanks for the cookies!  Om nom nom nom ....

Sorry, I've been gone for a wee bit from the forum.  Sooooo many damn things to have to do and this and that and those other things, too.

I'm sorta back ... again.  With cookies and brains and killer trains ... mayhap even a rhyme or two, possibly three?  I don't know what the future holds, but I know there will be zombies ...

Have fun, be Brightness and remember: There's always room for cookies!

Quote    Reply   

zombiezak

Necromancer

#8 [url]

Nov 3 11 5:10 PM

Hey, if you've got time and are looking for something to do, a place to go, a site to see, why don't you come, come follow me!

https://www.facebook.com/ZZsCookies
https://www.facebook.com/BaconologyLOTLD
https://www.facebook.com/ZombieZak.ZZ
http://twitter.com/#!/ZombieZak
http://zombiezak.com/

Just Like It!

Quote    Reply   

zombiezak

Necromancer

#10 [url]

Nov 5 11 6:58 PM

Charlie, there are ALWAYS cookies ....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zombiezak

Necromancer

#12 [url]

Nov 17 11 6:11 PM

It is official!  I am going to Hell!

https://www.facebook.com/lawyersinhell

I found out last night that my story, "Scent of a Weapon" has been officially accepted into the next book in the Heroes in Hell Anthology Series.  The book, Adventurers in Hell, marks the 14th book in the series, which was resurrected earlier this year.  The series begun originally in the '80's, pits some of history's most colorful characters against the largest shared world backdrop ever … in Hell!

Come with me, on a vast journey, let's all go, to Hell!

Who wants to go to Heaven, when you can go to Hell?

Quote    Reply   

Lich

#15 [url]

Nov 18 11 6:00 AM

Congrats to you Dear Zak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grin

When life gives you lemons, kick life in the balls, and when it bends over squirt the lemon in its eyes and run like hell!

Quote    Reply   

aldon

Librarian Emeritus

#20 [url]

Nov 20 11 7:29 AM

good news indeed!

Aldon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help