Remove this ad

LeforaGuest

#41 [url]

Oct 17 09 9:58 AM

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm super freakin' excited that the Super Six Middleweight Tournament starts tonight on showtime.  Been in a good mood all day thanks to that. 
I'm also happy that i've been managing 1000-1800 words a day for the past three days.  Things just seem to be clicking at the moment.
AND, I just got a check in the mail for the story I sold to Night Chills magazine!
Great day all around.  La, la, la, la, la.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Lich

#43 [url]

Oct 17 09 2:59 PM

Got a surprise visit from our youngest daughter last night from college. It was wonderful to see her again!

When life gives you lemons, kick life in the balls, and when it bends over squirt the lemon in its eyes and run like hell!

Quote    Reply   

reverendaustin

Librarian Emeritus

#50 [url]

Oct 18 09 8:19 AM

That puts me in mind of a joke..........

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

theblackempty

Librarian Emeritus

#55 [url]

Oct 19 09 5:00 AM

We had a wonderful weekend. Friday night, my wife and I took our son to see a play at My daughter's college theatre in Alma. The play: Le Dindon, (the turkey or the dupe in English) by Georges Feydeau, re-titled An Absolute Turkey for this production, in which my daughter handled all the hair and makeup work. We loved the play! Lots of laughs and some great performances, the acutely funny translation and adaptation by Peter Hall and Nicki Frei, brought the elegantly complex farce to life.

After the play, we hung out and talked to our daughter for an hour, and then made the hour and a half drive farther north to the family cabin in Gladwin MI. The weather turned out beautiful for the entire weekend. Saturday afternoon, we saw a few deer in the woods out behind the cabin. Saturday night, we checked out the haunted forest just down the road, cool, and then we watched Exorcist 3, slow and not very scary, some good acting though.   

Sunday morning, we went out for a walk. The sun shone down through the colorful trees in the chilled autumn air, and the constant rain of falling leaves sounded like crackling rice crispies in the otherwise silent forest, absolutely magical!

Then, we endured the awful traffic during the three and a half hour drive home. Had dinner at Bob Evan’s, and had a surreal experience when my son’s water glass split into two perfect halves when the waitress set it gently on the table, drenching him with chilly ice water. They gave us free desert for the trouble, Win!

How was your weekend?

TBE...A Symptom of the Universe

Quote    Reply   

reverendaustin

Librarian Emeritus

#56 [url]

Oct 19 09 7:26 AM

I did bugger all, personally.  Just stayed indoors pretty much all weekend haha

I kept getting offered MORE shifts at my local art gallery - aces!  The only trouble is if I work over 16 hours a week I can't claim jobseekers benefit (aka dole).  That's a GOOD thing, except that my hours at the gallery are so erratic it means I'll be stopping my dole one week, only to go back on it the next week, then off it, and so on.  Hmmm I feel a continuation on another thread coming on :D

Quote    Reply   

Lich

#57 [url]

Oct 19 09 10:53 AM

Oldest daughter, who is majoring in Special Education with a certificate in Autism, just got straight A's on her midterm report. She's in the hardest degree program at this private College. I'm so proud of her!

(Even though she just lost both sets of her car keys.)

When life gives you lemons, kick life in the balls, and when it bends over squirt the lemon in its eyes and run like hell!

Quote    Reply   

shfg11

Good Librarian

#59 [url]

Oct 19 09 11:43 AM

Things are good in Pittsburgh.  Been having lots of fun doing Halloween stuff with my children.  Looking forward to pumpkin carving next weekend. 

Daughter got her very first report card.  Straight A's.  Now she just needs to do that for the next 15 1/2 years.  Son got his progress report from Kindergarten.  Apparently everything is graded with a smile or frown stamp.  All smiles in the school work column.  All frowns in the behavior column.   That is better than I expected.

Quote    Reply   

LeforaGuest

#60 [url]

Oct 19 09 11:50 AM

Awww say that we all say "Good work that girl" please.

-dancingfred

Good work that girl.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help